Digimon are creatures who live only in the "Digital World" - a parallel universe created by accident from Earth's communication signals. The Digital World can be accessed by digitizing humans, and the different species of Digimon are raised by various Tamers. The Digimon are then used to battle each other, as well as fighting evil humans who want to corrupt the Digital World. Digimon started out during the virtual pet toy phenomenon of the late 90's, and later turned into video games and an anime series. With a similar premise to Pokémon, the original anime proved popular, and spawned several more animated series, Manga, feature length films, as well as numerous video games and a successful toy line! The franchise is known for its wide variety of unique monsters, and virtual pet toys. To celebrate this popular Japanese franchise, here's a selection of Displate artwork featuring some of the main creatures found in the Digital World!
WHAT'S IT ALL ABOUT?
Displate.com are currently running a Vintage Art Challenge during the course of the next month, from the 6th of December 2018 until the 6th of January 2019.
"You don't have to be old to be vintage. Forget granny style and create a modern classic.
- 1st & 2nd place will be awarded $500 prize
- 3rd & 4th place will be awarded $300 prize
- 5th & 6th place will be awarded $200 prize
- 7th to 10th place will be awarded L size Displates prize
HOW TO ENTER
1. Upload at least one new picture. Remember that the uploading tool works only on desktop. You can submit as many pictures you want.
2. Choose a perfect name for your work, add tags, and include the tag #DEC18 so that Displate will be able to easily find it and qualify it for the contest.
3. Be patient - your artwork will be checked during the validation process – Displate needs to be sure that it meets their general upload guidelines.
4. The contest starts on 6th of December 2018 and ends on 6th of January 2019.
December 2018 - Our pick for this month's "Triptych Of The Month" is this colourful matching set of Pokémon Generation 1, 2, & 3 designs, by artist Raymond Diaz, spread across three Displates! A must-have set for fans of the original GameBoy Pokémon games!